Get Organized in the New Year
Organizing your life can lead to better efficiency and a vast reduction in stress.
For those who rely on routine, keeping all aspects of life neatly in order is absolutely essential. Here are some steps to take to ensure the restoration of order and organization.
- Pick everything up from your home/workspace and clean. Don’t worry about organizing everything into piles just yet. First, just make sure that everything is freshly washed or dusted.
- Put away everything that already has a logical place while collecting everything else into one central location. Put clothes in the closet, pencils in the desk drawer, dishes in the cabinet, et cetera. Put everything else — loose papers, photos, folders, random nick-knacks — on, say, the dining room table to be gone through later.
- Clear a chunk of time to organized the unorganized. It will help if you aren’t interrupted during this period.
- Put things in like piles. Put the bills with the bills, the photos with the photos, and so on.
- Sort items in an order that makes sense to you. If you want to sort your bills by order of descending date, then do so. Choose an order that will make these things easiest for you to find later, should you need them.
- Determine what sort of filing system you will use and put the items away. Purchase a file cabinet or a sturdy folder system.
7. Enjoy a Happy New Year!